The summer season in Morzine Avoriaz is well underway! It’s 30 degrees (at the time of writing) and the lakes, framed by the sun-baked mountainside, are teeming with sunbathers and swimmers.
There’s lots of activities to consider, and we often recommend the Portes Du Soliel Multipass to make the most of their time with us during the summer season.
The Summer Season Pass
The Portes Du Soliel Multipass is a popular choice. It provides access to a wide range of activities and amenities in Morzine and the wider region.
Day passes and season passes are available, and the Multipass is free for all children under 5 years old:
Day Pass (Discounted rate available to all AliKats guests!)
Day Pass (Standard rate)
The pass provides access to more than 50 activities throughout the Portes du Soleil during the summer season, from the June 10th through September 3rd in 2017:
- Mountain lifts: Great for walkers, making it easy to travel from one resort to another across different valleys.
- Swimming pools and bathing lakes: Châtel, Morzine, Champéry and Morgins, Les Gets and Montriond.
- Cultural centres: Aulps Abbey Discovery Centre in St Jean d’Aulps (Domaine de Découverte de la Vallée d’Aulps), Les Gets Mechanical Music Museum (Musée de la Musique Mécanique), Abondance’s Maison du Val, Abondance ‘s Abbey and Troistorrents’ Vieux Moulins de la Tine.
- Ice rinks: Châtel, Champéry and Morzine.
- Tennis centres: Abondance, Avoriaz, La Chapelle d’Abondance, Châtel, Morzine, Les Gets, Vallée d’Aulps (2 courts), Champéry and Morgins.
- Minigolf: Les Gets, Châtel, Morgins and Vallée d’Aulps.
- Tourist road trains: Les Gets, Châtel, Morzine and Avoriaz.
- Inter-resort buses/shuttles: Balad’Aulps Bus, Colombus and TPC.
Tropical Vegetation in… Mountain Surroundings?
For a non-season pass, but still great value summer option, there’s also Aquariaz.
A tropical water paradise isn’t necessarily what you’d expect to find nestled away in the rocky crags of the French Alps. But Aquariaz is just that. And it’s a clash of themes works.
With indoor and outdoor areas, Aquariaz waterpark makes for a great bad weather day option in either season.
It features a lazy river with a variable current, a slidewinder (an aquatic halfpipe of sorts), a water playhouse, a paddling pool, a large pool with climbing walls, massage benches and an open-air spa heated to 34 degrees!
Tip: aim to get in earlier in the afternoon as the park tends to get much busier after 1600hrs.
Down by the River
Another popular summer choice that’s a little closer to the AliKats chalets is white-water rafting, hydrospeeding and canyoning with our friends at aptly-named Frogs Rafting.
If white water excitement sounds like your idea of a good time, Frogs run a great service with, pick-up from the chalets taking you directly to a nearby river.
Trips are generally 2-2.5 hours in total, and it’s an especially good activity for larger groups of friends or families with older children.
The only requirement is that you’re able to swim 25 metres!