5 reasons why spring is our favourite time for skiing in Morzine
The sun is setting later on our Morzine chalets, the days are getting warmer (although the nights are still cold) and the sun terraces are packed at lunchtimes. Yes, spring time is here and we smiling from ear-to-ear! Here are 5 reasons why we love spring skiing so much:
- A summer holiday and a winter holiday in one! I was out skiing in a t-shirt today and at no point did I feel cold. We have had so much snow in Morzine in the last 2 months, that we know the skiing will be great for the rest of the season now. So we can fearlessly embrace the warm weather that spring brings with it, knowing that we will be skiing right to the end of April.
- Spring snow is a truly wonderful thing. If you hit a slope at the right time, spring snow behaves like powder and is incredibly forgiving. Mogul fields are no longer terrifying and in fact become rather appealing when you know there is a softer landing on the other side!
- Barbequeues & Rosé on the slopes. Say no more.
- Blue sky powder days. Over the last few seasons we have had some of the biggest snow falls on the last week of the season. And the best thing is, there is no-one around to steal your lines!
- Live music on the slopes. The Rock the Pistes festival runs from 14-21st March and involes a series of gigs by top quality, international bands on the actual slopes. Amazing!
Al skiing on the last day of the season in lots of lovely powder. With his tongue sticking out.
Morzine chalets with incredible views
Morzine is surrounded by breathtaking mountains. They are a constant, beautiful companion no matter where you are or how you fill your days, so trying to choose which of our chalets boasts the best view is a harder task than you may think. We’ve compiled a list of favourites based…Continue reading...
The Best Vegetarian and Vegan Food in Morzine
As head chef at Alikats, and a strong advocate of veggie and vegan cuisine, I’m always on the lookout for great food which is both delicious and inspiring. Now I know what you’re thinking – the French Alps don’t seem like a natural habitat for fantastic plant-based food – but…Continue reading...
Unmissable pistes in the Portes du Soleil
Now we’re not one for bragging, but the Portes du Soleil has some of the best skiing in the world. It’s the largest cross-border ski area in Europe, bringing together the absolute best of French and Swiss Alpine culture, food and, importantly, ski terrain. Whether you’re a complete beginner looking to…Continue reading...
Our Favourite Large Group Ski Chalets
Like a good bottle of red or an embarrassing secret, a ski holiday is something best shared. Whether you’re a family looking for cruisey slopes and cosy hot chocolates, or friends seeking thrills, off-piste adventures and après, Morzine is the ultimate destination for group ski holidays. Here at Alikats, we…Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine