What to expect from a ski holiday over Christmas…
Think about the best bits of Christmas. Now think about the best bits of a ski holiday. Well, if you put them together you get something so ecstatically exciting that it should come with a health warning. The best day of them all is Christmas day of course and this is how it goes if you stay in an AliKats ski chalet in Morzine.
- Get up and look at the lovely white snow all around.
- Run downstairs to see if Santa has brought you anything nice.
- Eat a special AliKats Christmas breakfast consisting of the AliKats usuals plus Panetoni french toast topped with berry compote, greek yoghurt & maple syrup.
- Get taken in the special Christmas minibus * to the ski slopes and go skiing.
- Smile and laugh a lot.
- Get picked up from the bar at the bottom of the slopes in said special Christmas minibus and go back to the chalet.
- Eat mince pies with brandy butter, Christmas cake & ginger bread cookies. But not too much. The main event awaits…
- Sit in the hot-tub with a glass of vin chaud, gazing at the stunning snowy mountains all around.
- Congregate in the living room for Champagne and canapes whilst doing some pre-eat stomach stretches and listening to Christmassy music
- Go through to the dining room when the bell tolls **
- Eat the following AliKats delights all prepared from scratch by the chef:
- Soup course: Roasted butternut squash & ginger soup with creme fraiche & toasted pine nuts
- Fish course: Morzine smoked trout pate on granary toasts with a watercress & mixed seed salad
- Main course: Roast turkey with all the trimmings including duck fat roast potatoes, parsnip crisps, creamed sprouts, home made sage & onion stuffing, giblet gravy, pigs in blankets, bread sauce and of course a lovely, succulent turkey that lived a happy life on a local farm.
- Dessert: Christmas pudding with brandy butter & Buche de Noel (chocolate log)
- Cheese course: Buche de Neige blue cheese and biscuits. And Port of course.
- Tea & Coffee
- All of this is accompanied by our special Christmas wine: Insoupconne produced by the very talented Paul Boyer.
- Sit in front of the fire filling the remaining space with further wine until you can muster enough energy to get to bed.
* The special Christmas minibus consists of our chalet hosts wearing a Santa hat whilst driving. That qualifies as special and Christmas, ok.
** This bell is an Alpine cow bell not John Donne’s death’s bell. Just in case you were worried
The Fun Guide: Where to Ski with Kids in Morzine
There are lots of factors involved in taking kids on a skiing holiday, but if you’ve ever done it before, you’ll know that when it comes to success on the slopes, it’s all about having fun! For mum and dad, that means keeping things simple and being well prepared. If…Continue reading...
The Top 3 Morzine Catered Chalets for Families
Spacious living areas, beautiful dining tables, cosy snugs, hot tubs and inviting family suites with quirky features kids will love; we’ve put together our top 3 favourite catered chalets for families, which we think you’ll love coming back to after a beautiful day on the slopes. All of these ski chalets are fully catered, which means you can look…Continue reading...
Morzine’s Best Après Ski Bars
Après ski can range from laid back drinks to dancing on table tops; whatever your limits for letting your hair down, Morzine offers plenty of choice for living the moment, soaking up the post-ski vibes and enjoying time with friends. Find something that suits you in our round-up of Morzine’s…Continue reading...
Noël Guide 2022: Morzine has Christmas all wrapped up for families
All the information you need for a fairytale Christmas in Morzine The snow is already here and Santa is on his way, along with an amazing line up of entertainment, music and interactive activities for big and little kids alike! Once off slopes, find out where to sip vin chaud,…Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine