Lake Annecy: the perfect place for a family day trip from Morzine
Lake Annecy is the third largest lake in France and is just a 90 minute drive from Morzine. It is a truly a wonderful place and here are a few reasons and photos to explain why:
- Crystal clear shallow water so a perfect temperature for swimming from May/June onwards
- Incredible mountain views
- Gorgeous flat, wide grassy spaces to play football, read, picnic or whatever takes your fancy…
- Pedalos are brilliant. Especially ones with slides. Especially if you have kids.
- Traditional merry-go-round right next to the lake
- And it’s very much the centre of Annecy, which is a beautiful old town full of old cobbled pavements and classic canals
- Riding your bike around the perimeter of the lake is about as good as road biking gets. 38km of pedaling with breathtaking views at every wheel rotation
So, as you can see, there is something for everything everyone and even better, you can do it all from a single base next to the lake. 3 generations of the AliKats family went recently and had one of the best days we have ever had out. We will be returning soon!
Noël Guide 2022: Morzine has Christmas all wrapped up for families
All the information you need for a fairytale Christmas in Morzine The snow is already here and Santa is on his way, along with an amazing line up of entertainment, music and interactive activities for big and little kids alike! Once off slopes, find out where to sip vin chaud,…Continue reading...
Winter 2023: What’s new and not to miss in Morzine
The mountain tops have received their first dusting of snow across the Alps, and excitement is budding for an uninterrupted ski season with a buzzing resort and plenty of action up on the hill. Our forward thinking town just gets better and better, and we’re brimming with ideas of what…Continue reading...
Morzine’s 10 best restaurants
Eating out is a real highlight of a Morzine holiday; with so many excellent restaurants to sample, you will be spoilt for choice during your stay here. We have compiled our top 10 to help you make the most of your stay in Morzine. Whether it is on the mountain…Continue reading...
How to organise childcare for your ski holiday in Morzine: from babies up to 5 years
Morzine is an excellent choice for a family ski holiday with childcare. From private nannies and crèche to ski nurseries and ski lessons starting from as young as 3 years of age: discover the childcare options available for your chalet holiday.Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine