Seriously, is there anything better than having a beer on a blue sky day on a snowy mountain?
Here’s our view of how our favourite activity compares to a ’10 things to do before you die’ list…
1. Climb Mt Everest. Ridiculously impractical, likely to suffer awful altitude sickness & 10% of climbers die doing it. AliKats verdict: Less good
2. Take the World’s Most Awesome Roller Coaster. Dubious entry into a top 10 list of the world’s best activities. AK: Definitely less good!
3. Realizing a childhood dream. Our childhood dreams consisted of being at the top of a snowy mountain on a blue sky day, except without beer. AK: Nope.
4. Develop a talent. How has this even made it into a top 10 list? AK: No contest
5. See for yourself that the earth is round. Admittedly, that would be pretty sweet but given it is an economically unrepeatable activity, it can hardly be classed a favourite. AK: Good effort but still less good
6. Skydive. Good fun but over before you’ve had the chance to take it in. There is always time to take in the view on a mountain, therefore verdict = Unlucky!
7. African Safari. High likelihood of seeing nothing. AK: We’ll stick to our mountains thanks!
8. Swimming with Sharks. High likelihood of death. AK: Ummm, no.
9. Experience weightlessness. Surely this is covered in #6? Very much doubting the validity of this list. AK: Ditto
10. Visit the great wall of China. It’s a wall. AK: Not even close
So there you have it, scientific proof that having a beer on a snowy mountain on a blue sky day is the best thing in the world. Next week, how the ski industry is helping halt climate change…
The Fun Guide: Where to Ski with Kids in Morzine
There are lots of factors involved in taking kids on a skiing holiday, but if you’ve ever done it before, you’ll know that when it comes to success on the slopes, it’s all about having fun! For mum and dad, that means keeping things simple and being well prepared. If…Continue reading...
Noël Guide 2022: Morzine has Christmas all wrapped up for families
All the information you need for a fairytale Christmas in Morzine The snow is already here and Santa is on his way, along with an amazing line up of entertainment, music and interactive activities for big and little kids alike! Once off slopes, find out where to sip vin chaud,…Continue reading...
Winter 2023: What’s new and not to miss in Morzine
The mountain tops have received their first dusting of snow across the Alps, and excitement is budding for an uninterrupted ski season with a buzzing resort and plenty of action up on the hill. Our forward thinking town just gets better and better, and we’re brimming with ideas of what…Continue reading...
Headaches, hurdles and hope: Climate action behind-the-scenes
Last year we made a commitment to develop a climate action plan and improve the transparency of our work in this area. A year in we share the details.Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine