What does getting the AliKats chalet ready for winter involve?
With only 23 days until the lifts open, preparations are in full swing here at AliKats. But what do winter preparations involve I hear you ask? (I didn’t hear that at all, I just assumed some people might be interested). Well, here are the top 10 things we’ve been focussing on in the last month:
- Picking apples from the garden to go into apple crumble and apple sauce. And maybe eating some too…
- Buying some exciting new stuff to go in the chalet this year. We’ll leave it as a surprise but the hot-tub / sauna / bar area is going to be the place to be this winter!
- Wine-tasting! We’ve been diligently combing through France’s finest wines to pick this year’s AliKats house wines. We’re particularly excited about the Malbec and the Vioignier.
- Buying lots of new DVDs. Our personal favourite so far is Drive – we highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it.
- Wii games. Mario & Sonic at London 2012 is going to be real treat!
- Printing the best of last winters photos on canvas to be hung on the walls. There’s a really great one of Murray, the chalet dog (surprise, surprise)
- Goatskin rugs from the Goat village in Lindarets (just near the chalet) in each of the rooms
- Stocking up with Cole & Lewis toiletries
- Sourcing Eco cleaning products. A lot of them are vinegar based which smell a bit different to normal cleaning products but it’s nice to know we’re being friendly to the local waterways
- Getting employment contracts arranged for our new team who arrive in only 1 week!!! And very excited we are too….
So they you go. Hopefully it is all contributing towards the best possible AliKats Mountain Holiday for you guys. We are still running a promotion of £499 for the week of 5th January if you fancy experiencing it for yourself. But hurry, there are limited places left!
The Fun Guide: Where to Ski with Kids in Morzine
There are lots of factors involved in taking kids on a skiing holiday, but if you’ve ever done it before, you’ll know that when it comes to success on the slopes, it’s all about having fun! For mum and dad, that means keeping things simple and being well prepared. If…Continue reading...
Noël Guide 2022: Morzine has Christmas all wrapped up for families
All the information you need for a fairytale Christmas in Morzine The snow is already here and Santa is on his way, along with an amazing line up of entertainment, music and interactive activities for big and little kids alike! Once off slopes, find out where to sip vin chaud,…Continue reading...
Winter 2023: What’s new and not to miss in Morzine
The mountain tops have received their first dusting of snow across the Alps, and excitement is budding for an uninterrupted ski season with a buzzing resort and plenty of action up on the hill. Our forward thinking town just gets better and better, and we’re brimming with ideas of what…Continue reading...
Headaches, hurdles and hope: Climate action behind-the-scenes
Last year we made a commitment to develop a climate action plan and improve the transparency of our work in this area. A year in we share the details.Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine