What does getting the AliKats chalet ready for winter involve?
With only 23 days until the lifts open, preparations are in full swing here at AliKats. But what do winter preparations involve I hear you ask? (I didn’t hear that at all, I just assumed some people might be interested). Well, here are the top 10 things we’ve been focussing on in the last month:
- Picking apples from the garden to go into apple crumble and apple sauce. And maybe eating some too…
- Buying some exciting new stuff to go in the chalet this year. We’ll leave it as a surprise but the hot-tub / sauna / bar area is going to be the place to be this winter!
- Wine-tasting! We’ve been diligently combing through France’s finest wines to pick this year’s AliKats house wines. We’re particularly excited about the Malbec and the Vioignier.
- Buying lots of new DVDs. Our personal favourite so far is Drive – we highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it.
- Wii games. Mario & Sonic at London 2012 is going to be real treat!
- Printing the best of last winters photos on canvas to be hung on the walls. There’s a really great one of Murray, the chalet dog (surprise, surprise)
- Goatskin rugs from the Goat village in Lindarets (just near the chalet) in each of the rooms
- Stocking up with Cole & Lewis toiletries
- Sourcing Eco cleaning products. A lot of them are vinegar based which smell a bit different to normal cleaning products but it’s nice to know we’re being friendly to the local waterways
- Getting employment contracts arranged for our new team who arrive in only 1 week!!! And very excited we are too….
So they you go. Hopefully it is all contributing towards the best possible AliKats Mountain Holiday for you guys. We are still running a promotion of £499 for the week of 5th January if you fancy experiencing it for yourself. But hurry, there are limited places left!
Children’s ski wear was boring until now…
We love creating partnerships with like minded brands so when we came across Dinoski, a new children’s skiwear brand, it was a no-brainer. Their collection is aimed at children aged 2-7 and features all-in-one, animal themed skiwear, which are waterproof and warm, sprinkled with just the right amount of wild.…Continue reading...
Inspiring food blogs that will leave you hungry
Check out a few of Kat’s favourite blogs that inspire some of her creations. Wild mushrooms, parsnips, pumpkins, plums, apples and nuts: autumn brings an abundance of colourful produce to satisfy our revived appetites and cravings for heartier dishes. It’s the perfect time for me to start cooking and planning…Continue reading...
Easy plum and red onion chutney
As we’re very lucky to have lots of fruit trees on our doorstep, in late September every year I am faced with the delicious problem of what to do with an abundance of fruit. Chutney is always the winning answer! This recipe works for pretty much any type of red…Continue reading...
Favourite Food Winners: Source Awards for Excellence 2017
Food is central and important part of the AliKats story. We spend a lot of time thinking about it, writing about it, and a lot of time planning and preparing it – all to give our guests something a bit special. That’s why we’re exceptionally proud to announce that we’ve…Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine