Why this season is going to be BRILLIANT for spring skiing!
If you haven’t done it before, spring skiing is something very special and this year, with 270cm of snow still in Avoriaz, is going to be pretty special. Here are some crude maths to prove this:
- The last 2 weeks have been really warm and we’ve lost about 2cm of snow per day (i.e. Not very much)
- Assuming it will continue to be that warm for the rest of the season (which is very unlikely) we will lose another 70cm of snow in the remaining 35 days of the season
- This will still leave us with a whopping 200cm of snow on the last day of the season (Apr 22nd)
And here is what you have to look forward to if you book an AliKats holiday between now and the end of the season:
- Spring temperatures mean skiing in t-shirts (Ben was skiing with his top off altogether the other day, but then again he is a bit of a poser)
- Powder like conditions at certain points of the day. Normally between 11-2pm, just when the snow is soft enough and before it gets too slushy, the snow behaves like powder – lots of fun!
- Long daylight hours. With the clocks going back in 3 weeks, skiing in April is like a summer holiday and a winter holiday in 1!
- Long boozy lunches. Not sure this point is necessarily any different to a normal day’s skiing but worth adding anyway.
- Live music on the pistes. There are a number of different festivals scheduled between now and the end of the season in Morzine and Avoriaz so there is always something going on
- Spring barbeques. If the weather is right, we may even be doing a couple of barbeques for dinner!
We still have various bits of availailability so get in touch if you like the sound of this…
The Fun Guide: Where to Ski with Kids in Morzine
There are lots of factors involved in taking kids on a skiing holiday, but if you’ve ever done it before, you’ll know that when it comes to success on the slopes, it’s all about having fun! For mum and dad, that means keeping things simple and being well prepared. If…Continue reading...
Noël Guide 2022: Morzine has Christmas all wrapped up for families
All the information you need for a fairytale Christmas in Morzine The snow is already here and Santa is on his way, along with an amazing line up of entertainment, music and interactive activities for big and little kids alike! Once off slopes, find out where to sip vin chaud,…Continue reading...
Winter 2023: What’s new and not to miss in Morzine
The mountain tops have received their first dusting of snow across the Alps, and excitement is budding for an uninterrupted ski season with a buzzing resort and plenty of action up on the hill. Our forward thinking town just gets better and better, and we’re brimming with ideas of what…Continue reading...
Headaches, hurdles and hope: Climate action behind-the-scenes
Last year we made a commitment to develop a climate action plan and improve the transparency of our work in this area. A year in we share the details.Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine