Kat and I recently went skiing with some of our guests who were staying in our Morzine chalet, Ferme a Jules, and ended up at La Paika in Les Gets for lunch. When I say ‘ended up’, I mean we booked in advance because that’s what you have to do with good quality mountain restaurants! It is a popular place and it is easy to see why:
- You are met by an outdoor barbeque when you first arrive at the restaurant
- The cuts of meat on offer are superb and varied
- Although not near the sea, the tiger prawns are delicious!
- The view from the sun terrace is incredible. Mt Chery looks glorious, as it always does
- Indoors is equally good – aged timbers & quality local carpentry give this place a real feeling of artisanship
- The service is polite & speedy
- The magnums of Rose are a real crowd pleaser
- Can you tell we like it yet?
How to get there
From the Ranfolly bowl in Les Gets, get on the Grains d’Or chairlift & ski down the Renardiere & Vorrosses pistes, following signs to La Turche & La Paika restaurant. Half way down, you will see a drag lift to the right of the piste – La Paika restaurant is just to the right.
How much will it cost?
Mains start at 17 Euros for the Bolognese and go up to 32 Euros for the barbequeued Cote de Boeuf
The desert trolley starts at 6.50 Euros
So, fairly reasonable given the location
How to book
Call on +33 4 50 92 85 22 (English is spoken)