Dream of Mountains: Blogger Challenge
Dream of Mountains Challenge: Bloggers share the love
To give us all an excuse to indulge in the magical mountains (from wherever you happen to be in the world right now), this autumn we invited bloggers to share the (mountain) love by joining the Dream of Mountains Challenge. Bloggers connected by their passion for peaks and valleys created inspiring posts about the mountains and what it is they love about them.
From finding true love to life changing adventures, it turns out there were some amazing stories to be told. Bloggers shared inspiring stories from past travels, gave valuable tips and advice, and dreamt of new adventures in far away hills.
If you too are dreaming of mountains, grab a cuppa and have a read of the following posts from the Dream of mountains challenge.
Why Mountains are so Special for our Family by Wave to Mummy
The view from the top of a mountain by My Balancing Act
Mountain Honeymoon Destinations by Wanderer of the World
My Mountain Travel Bucket list by Futures
Best Mountains and Peaks for Family’s to climb in Wales by Thimble and Twig
Mountains of Memories by PT Mollie
For the Love of Mountains by Mummy Fever
Mountains from my home town by Jupiter Hadley
Why I love the Mountains by Paddle, Pedal, Pace
Trail Running in the mountains by Twin mummy and daddy
Dreaming of the mountains by Podtravels
A trip in the mountains – Morzine by LJ Beauty
Tips for beginner hikers by Lipstick & Trainers
Why I love the mountains and my mountain wishlist by Doorways & Dresses
Why I love the mountains by Charlotte Rick
Mountain Quotes by UK everyday
Reasons why I love the Mountains by The 3am Diary
Why I love the Mountains by Abi Cordell
Here, at AliKats, we really can’t wait to welcome guests back to Morzine and the incredible Portes du Soleil mountain range. We are ready when you are!
Finally, we’d like to say a massive thank you to all the bloggers for writing such inspiring, original posts and give a massive congratulations to PT Mollie for winning a holiday in Chalet Harmonie.
This competition is now closed. To find out about upcoming competitions and blogger challenges make sure you follow us on Twitter.
Win a chalet holiday in the French Alps
For some of us, the call of the mountains is real. The mountains bring a sense of adventure that is unparalleled to anything else, they make us feel alive and free, and a million miles away from everyday stress and worry.
Lockdown and travel restrictions have meant mountain lovers everywhere have missed out on mountain time this year. Postponed plans, cancelled trips and scaled-down adventures are enough to make any mountain fan feel a bit blue. To spread the mountain love and provide an opportunity to indulge in the beautiful mountains (from wherever you happen to be right now), we’ve created the ‘Dream of mountains’ blogger challenge.
We really can’t wait to welcome guests back to the incredible Portes du Soleil mountain range, and are giving away a chalet holiday as the top prize. The winner, along with up to 12 of their travel pals or family members, will stay in our brand new and seriously stylish Chalet Harmonie, located in the French alpine town and adventure mecca of Morzine.
What’s more, the first ten bloggers to enter will receive a copy of the remarkable new book Tough Women Adventure Stories: Stories of Grit, Courage and Determination. From endurance obstacle races to arctic expeditions, from mountain climbing to wingsuit flying, from horse trekking to swimming the English Channel, there is much to learn from the true stories of these badass adventurers. Edited by mountain lover Jenny Tough, the book explores the physical, as well as psychological challenges, of expeditions, races and world records, and will leave you feeling inspired and more ready than ever to start planning your mountain adventure. It’s the perfect tonic for anyone suffering from the after-effects of cabin fever.
Read on for how to take part and T&Cs.
Join the challenge, share the (mountain) love
Create an inspiring blog post, photo-story or video on your blog. The subject matter is up to you as long as it shares your passion for the mountains. Here are a few ideas:
- Why I love the mountains – share the reasons why you just can’t get enough of the mountains
- My mountain wish list – the top mountain places or adventures you can’t wait to do next
- A trip in the mountains – share inspiring stories or photos from a past trip to the mountains
- Please make it clear you are entering this challenge by linking to this webpage and mentioning that your post is for the AliKats’ Dream of Mountains Challenge
- Don’t forget to share your post with the #dreamofmountains hashtag on social media
- Email email@example.com with a link to your blog post before the closing date at midnight on Monday 23rd November 2020.
First prize: summer chalet holiday
One winner will receive a 7-night chalet holiday with AliKats Mountain Holidays:
- Fixed dates apply, the holiday must be taken on one of the following weeks: 8th May to 26th June 2021, 4th September to 27th November 2021, 7th May to 25th June 2022 or the 3rd September to 26th November 2022.
- The chalet is provided on a self-catered basis (there is a fully equipped kitchen, BBQ and dinning area, or prices and assistance can be given to book catering services)
- The holiday is for up to a maximum of 12 guests in Chalet Harmonie which has 5 ensuite bedrooms
- Airport transfers, car hire and in-resort transport is not included
- Flights are not included.
First ten entries: Tough Women Adventure Stories: Stories of Grit, Courage and Determination
- The first ten bloggers to enter will receive the book Tough Women Adventure Stories: Stories of Grit, Courage and Determination
- The book will be sent to the address the blogger supplies after their blog post has been submitted and published.
Terms & Conditions
- The AliKats’ Dream of Mountains Blogger Challenge is run by AliKats Mountain Holidays, of 72 Chemin de la Cherry, 74110, Montriond, France
- The closing date for entry will be at 23:59 (GMT) on Monday 23rd November 2020.
- One blogger will be picked at random via the online app Random Results to receive the top prize
- The top prize is accommodation in the form of a self catered chalet holiday in an AliKats Mountain Holidays chalet and excludes travel costs. Fixed dates apply for taking your holiday with the option of the weeks of 8th May to 26th June 2021, 4th September to 27th November 2021, 7th May to 25th June 2022 or the 3rd September to 26th November 2022.
- The first ten participating bloggers will receive the book Tough Women Adventure Stories: Stories of Grit, Courage and Determination. If, in the unlikely event, that this book becomes unavailable to purchase, an alternative book will be sent
- Entries that are deemed inappropriate and/or offensive will not be included. You are liable for the content of your entry.
- Only one entry per blogger.
- The winner will be notified by email and must respond by email to confirm whether they accept their prize within 7 days of notification. The prize will go unclaimed if no notification of acceptance is received.
- The organiser (AliKats Mountain Holidays) may vary or amend the promotion at its absolute discretion.
- If, within seven days of your scheduled arrival in resort, there is one of the following, then we will accept a cancellation by you and provide you, at our discretion, with an alternative date.
- a Covid-19 related closure of all mountain lifts in the Morzine-Avoriaz area; or
- an instruction by the local authorities in France to close our chalets as a result of Covid-19; or
- a travel ban imposed in France or the country of residence of the Party Leader, which prevents travel to resort within the time frame prescribed in the booking; or
- a requirement to self-isolate (aka quarantine) for a period of 3 days or more in the country of residence of the Party Leader on return from France
Ski Safe Blogger Campaign
Spread the Piste X Code safety message and win a self catered luxury chalet holiday in the French mountain resort of MorzineContinue reading...
AliKats’ Bucket List Challenge: Blogger Competition
Win a week-long summer holiday in your own 7-bedroom luxury chalet or one of ten copies of the adventure-seekers best-friend in book form, The Girl Outdoors It can can feel like a chore and be hard to find the motivation to write a list of New Year’s resolutions, creating a…Continue reading...
AliKats’ Bucket List Challenge: Now Completed
Earlier this year, we ran the Bucket List Challenge, when we invited bloggers to share their ultimate bucket list of adventures to win a self-catered chalet holiday. We were over the moon to see so many bloggers eager to take part, and were excited to read about their wild and…Continue reading...
Go wild! Imaginative ideas to get kids outside from the Wild about Autumn Bloggers
In September we launched the Wild About Autumn Blogger Challenge with Going Wild authors Fiona Danks and Jo Schofield. Our aim was simple: to inspire more families to ditch their screens and get outside with fun and imaginative activities. We’ve been over the moon with the response from eight enthusiastic…Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine