***COMPETITION NOW CLOSED FOR ENTRIES ***
Win a week-long summer holiday in your own 7-bedroom luxury chalet or one of ten copies of the adventure-seekers best-friend in book form, The Girl Outdoors
It can can feel like a chore and be hard to find the motivation to write a list of New Year’s resolutions, creating a bucket list of adventures on-the-other-hand, is a fun and exciting way to think about the year ahead!
Revive your love of life by seeking out those activities that you’ve long wanted to do but never quite managed it because life’s simply got in the way. Ride a horse on the beach, hike the Pennine Way, go wild swimming or take your kids on a camping adventure. It’s about stepping out of the daily trudge, getting out of your comfort zone and creating a bunch of experiences that you’ll remember for the rest of your days.
Summer in the mountains is prime bucket list territory. As many people only come to the Alps for skiing, just visiting the blissful mountains is summer, is in itself, a life-affirming experience. From June to the last days of September, the mountains open up to a wealth of fun activities – canyoning, mountain biking, paddle boarding, trail running, hiking, climbing and rafting to name but a few– and the frozen lakes become gorgeous fresh water beaches, where we sunbathe, swim and picnic on long summer days.
Win a summer holiday in the mountains
We’re not the only ones who are mad about summer in the mountains, from cycling down Mount Dalsnibba in the Norwegian Fjords to paragliding in the Austrian Alps, blogger and travel journalist Siân Anna Lewis can’t get enough of the fresh air and adventure fixes made possible by the planet’s natural playgrounds of high peaks and deep valleys.
To celebrate summer in the mountains, we’ve teamed up with Siân, to launch the AliKats’ Bucket List Challenge. We’re giving away a summer chalet holiday in the beautiful mountain resort of Morzine along with ten copies of Siân’s awesome book, The Girl Outdoors, to the first ten bloggers to enter. The Girl Outdoors is an adventure bible for those looking for information and inspiration to get out in the great outdoors for wild adventures. Siân covers loads of activities and adventures, from wild camping and cycle touring to climbing, surfing and kayaking.
The top prize is a self catered chalet holiday in our stunning Chalet de L’Ange. Come alone or bring up to 14 guests! This newly renovated chalet has 7 bedrooms, a sunny BBQ terrace, an outdoor hot tub, and is located close to hiking and biking trails, and the gorgeous natural swimming spot of Lac Montriond.
How to enter
- We want to know what activities are on your ultimate adventure bucket list. To enter write a blog post including your adventure bucket list, being sure to feature at least one mountain related activity/trip
- Please make it clear you are entering this challenge by linking to this webpage https://alikats.eu/non-edible/2020/1/20/alikats-bucket-list-challenge-blogger-competition/ and mentioning that your post is for the AliKats Bucket List Challenge
- Don’t forget to share your post with the #AlikatsBucketlist hashtag on social media
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your blog post before the closing date at midnight on 5th March 2020
First prize: summer chalet holiday
One winner will receive a 7-night chalet holiday with AliKats Mountain Holidays:
- Fixed dates apply, the holiday must be taken on one of the following weeks: 9th May to 27th June 2019, 29th August to 17th October 2019, 8th May to 26th June 2020 or the 28th August to 16th October 2020.
- The chalet is provided on a self-catered basis (there is a fully equipped kitchen, BBQ and dinning area, or prices and assistance can be given to book catering services)
- The holiday is for up to a maximum of 14 guests in Chalet de L’Ange which has 7 ensuite bedrooms
- Airport transfers, car hire and in-resort transport is not included
- Flights are not included.
First ten entries: The Girl Outdoors book
- The first ten bloggers to enter will receive the book The Girl Outdoors, an adventure-seekers best friend, written by esteemed outdoors blogger (of The Girl Outdoors) and journalist Siân Anna Lewis.
- The book will be sent to the address you supply after your blog post has been submitted.
Terms & Conditions
- The AliKats Bucket List Challenge is run by AliKats Mountain Holidays, of 72 Chemin de la Cherry, 74110, Montriond, France
- The closing date for entry will be at 23:59 (GMT) on 1st March 2020.
- The first ten participating bloggers will receive the book The Girl Outdoors
- One blogger will be picked at random via the online app Random Results to receive the top prize
- The top prize is accommodation in the form of a self catered chalet holiday in an AliKats Mountain Holidays chalet and excludes travel costs. Fixed dates apply for taking your holiday with the option of the weeks of 9th May to 27th June 2019, 29th August to 17th October 2019, 8th May to 26th June 2020 or the 28th August to 16th October 2020.
- Entries that are deemed inappropriate and/or offensive will not be included. You are liable for the content of your entry.
- Only one entry per blogger.
- The winner will be notified by email before Friday 6th March 2020. The winner must respond by email to confirm whether they accept their prize within 7 days of notification. The prize will go unclaimed if no notification of acceptance is received.
- The organiser (AliKats Mountain Holidays) may vary or amend the promotion at its absolute discretion.