Gourmet Grill recipe 2/5: Smoky baba ganoush
Hummus on the table at a party or BBQ is no surprise, so why not jazz things up with an exciting alternative. Baba ganoush has a similar moreish texture with Eastern Mediterranean flavours. In this recipe Kat grills the aubergines on the BBQ until blackened and squidgy to create a delicious smoky flavour. It’s important not to rush this step as undercooked aubergines won’t give the right texture or flavour.
2 large aubergines
2 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 tbsp tahini
2-3 tbsp plain full fat yoghurt (thick greek style is best)
Lemon juice & salt to taste
- Grill the aubergines, turning frequently so that the skin is completely blackened. Cook until they are soft and squidgy. Do not rush this step as undercooked aubergines won’t give the right texture or flavor.
- Remove from the grill and leave to cool.
- Once cool, carefully peel of all the blackened skin and scrape the flesh into a bowl.
- Add half the garlic, 2 tablespoons of tahini, 2 tablespoons of yoghurt, a good squeeze of lemon and a good pinch of salt.
- Mash all of the ingredients together and mix well.
- Taste and add more garlic, yoghurt, tahini, lemon, salt as needed to get the desired flavor and texture. The main flavor should be the smoky aubergine so don’t allow the other ingredients to overwhelm it but rather enhance it.
- Serve topped with a generous drizzle of good olive oil and if you like, a sprinkling of fresh herbs, chilli flakes, za’atar or sumac
Morzine’s 10 best restaurants
Eating out is a real highlight of a Morzine holiday; with so many excellent restaurants to sample, you will be spoilt for choice during your stay here. We have compiled our top 10 to help you make the most of your stay in Morzine. Whether it is on the mountain…Continue reading...
Seriously fudgey gluten free beetroot brownies
These beetroot brownies are crisp on the outside and deliciously fudgey on the inside. What’s more, they are both vegan and gluten free. Just be warned, they’re extremely moreish and never stay around for long! To make the mixture, I used Free From Fairy’s Gluten Free Flour. We recently came…Continue reading...
Summer nectarine, goats cheese and barley grain bowl
If the saying were true – you are what you eat – I think I’d quite like to be this vibrant grain bowl. It’s full of colour, delightful textures and flavours, and it just screams SUMMER! Super healthy, one-bowl meals became a trend a few years ago and continue to…Continue reading...
How to make healthy trail mix
This healthy trail mix is a lifesaver when we’re busy and keen to get outside and make the most of the summer. It’s easy to make a big batch and store in the cupboard for outdoor adventures, with or without the kids. High in protein and natural sugars, it packs…Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine