Video | Summer Berry Pavlova
This is the perfect desert to showcase all of the beautiful summer berries out there. The meringue requires some attention to detail and you should follow the recipe below carefully. But if you do that, you will have a real crowd pleaser that looks superb. It is the perfect end of any barbequeue or picnic.
You can also adapt it through autumn using blackberries and plums or even into winter using some lovely spiced stewed fruits. Enjoy!
For the meringue
- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
- 500g strawberries; hulled and halved
- 200g redcurrants, stalks removed
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 350ml double cream
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
- Using a pencil, mark out the circumference of a dinner plate on baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until the meringue looks glossy.
- Whisk in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla.
- Spread the meringue inside the circle, creating a crater by making the sides a little higher than the middle.
- Bake for 1 hr, then turn off the heat and let the Pavlova cool completely inside the oven.
- When the meringue is cool, chop 100g of the strawberries. Mix them with half the redcurrants and 2 tbsp icing sugar.
- Place in a food processor, blitz until smooth, then push the fruit mixture through a sieve.
- Whip the cream with the remaining icing sugar and spread it over the meringue. Put the remaining fruit on the cream and finally pour the sauce over the whole lot.
Morzine’s 10 best restaurants
Eating out is a real highlight of a Morzine holiday; with so many excellent restaurants to sample, you will be spoilt for choice during your stay here. We have compiled our top 10 to help you make the most of your stay in Morzine. Whether it is on the mountain…Continue reading...
Seriously fudgey gluten free beetroot brownies
These beetroot brownies are crisp on the outside and deliciously fudgey on the inside. What’s more, they are both vegan and gluten free. Just be warned, they’re extremely moreish and never stay around for long! To make the mixture, I used Free From Fairy’s Gluten Free Flour. We recently came…Continue reading...
Summer nectarine, goats cheese and barley grain bowl
If the saying were true – you are what you eat – I think I’d quite like to be this vibrant grain bowl. It’s full of colour, delightful textures and flavours, and it just screams SUMMER! Super healthy, one-bowl meals became a trend a few years ago and continue to…Continue reading...
How to make healthy trail mix
This healthy trail mix is a lifesaver when we’re busy and keen to get outside and make the most of the summer. It’s easy to make a big batch and store in the cupboard for outdoor adventures, with or without the kids. High in protein and natural sugars, it packs…Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine