Video | Red mullet and tomato tart starter
This is a delicious way of making use of some of the fantastic tomatoes that we have found recently. It’s simple to make and will get any meal off to a great start
Watch the video or read the full written recipe below
Ingredients – serves 8
Basil 1 bunch – leaves only
Red mullet fillet: 8 whole
60g parmesan cheese, finely grated
5 Large ripe vine tomatoes (approx)
1 roll Puff pastry
salt & pepper
Baby leaf salad
- Prep the basil oil and vinaigrette.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Cut the puff pastry to the right sized round. Cook in the oven between two flat baking sheets lined with baking paper until golden brown (not pale).
- While it is baking, wash the tomatoes and finely slice into neat rounds. Pick the basil leaves and grate the cheese.
- When the pastry is cooked scatter over the basil leaves and then top with the parmesan cheese.
- Place the tomatoes on to the pastry in concentric circles starting at the outside and working in.
- Bake in the oven until the tomatoes are nicely dehydrated.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Remove any bones from the fillets of red mullet and season the skin with maldon salt and piment espelette. Place them on a baking mat skin side down with a splash of olive oil.
- Wash & dress the salad
- Bake the fish in the oven for 4 minutes until they are just cooked
- While the fish is cooking, slice the tart into 8 slices, top with a loosely balled handful of the salad and then carefully place a fillet of red mullet to each one. Finally drizzle with a little basil oil.
Morzine’s 10 best restaurants
Eating out is a real highlight of a Morzine holiday; with so many excellent restaurants to sample, you will be spoilt for choice during your stay here. We have compiled our top 10 to help you make the most of your stay in Morzine. Whether it is on the mountain…Continue reading...
Seriously fudgey gluten free beetroot brownies
These beetroot brownies are crisp on the outside and deliciously fudgey on the inside. What’s more, they are both vegan and gluten free. Just be warned, they’re extremely moreish and never stay around for long! To make the mixture, I used Free From Fairy’s Gluten Free Flour. We recently came…Continue reading...
Summer nectarine, goats cheese and barley grain bowl
If the saying were true – you are what you eat – I think I’d quite like to be this vibrant grain bowl. It’s full of colour, delightful textures and flavours, and it just screams SUMMER! Super healthy, one-bowl meals became a trend a few years ago and continue to…Continue reading...
How to make healthy trail mix
This healthy trail mix is a lifesaver when we’re busy and keen to get outside and make the most of the summer. It’s easy to make a big batch and store in the cupboard for outdoor adventures, with or without the kids. High in protein and natural sugars, it packs…Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine