We understand that the impact of Covid-19 creates a lot of uncertainty for everyone so we want to provide details on how we are intending to approach this situation
Booking holidays for Winter 2020-21
For bookings made between 1st June – 30th September 2020, our terms are as follows:
- 10% deposit to be paid to confirm the reservation
- You can cancel your booking and we will fully refund you up to 30th September 2020
- You can amend your booking without cost to you up to 30th September 2020
- On 1st October, we will ask you to pay a further 15%. At this point, the 25% deposit will be non-refundable
- Shortly before 30th September, we will contact you to share our amended, more flexible Terms & Conditions, and find out what you want to do.
We are doing this because on 1st October, we need to start committing to payments (staff contracts, purchase of chalet cleaning products, vehicle rental etc..) and that needs to be funded by some commitment from your side. We hope that by 1st October, we will have a much better understanding of what the restrictions will look like going forward.
Check in & Check out
In order to be able to fully sanitise our chalets on changeover day, we require an extra 2 hours to clean (please see details below). This means that check out will be at 9am and check in will be at 5pm. Our usual pre-check in bag drop facility will no longer be offered.
We have also implemented remote check ins for self catered chalets. This will not reduce the level of customer service that you can expect from us, however, when you first arrive at the chalet we will explain everything you need to know using online documentation, instructional videos and key codes
Changeover day cleaning procedures
In addition to our usual high quality changeover cleaning process, we have implemented the following procedures to help keep our guests and our team safe:
- 2 hours additional cleaning time on each chalet to allow not only cleaning, but also sanitization
- Anti-viral cleaning products to be used to sanitise chalet after initial clean
- PPE equipment (e.g. face masks, gloves, gowns, indoor closed toe shoes) to be worn by members of staff at all times in the chalet
- Emphasis on sanitization of high touch points: e.g. door handles, light switches, remote controls, plug sockets, handrails, taps, flushes, dining chairs and tables
- All waste double bagged & disposed of
- Ventilate rooms when cleaning
- Where non-disposable cleaning materials are used, they will be washed at 60 degrees prior to the next use
- Additional, focussed training given to all members of staff
We are also currently assessing the following:
- Procedures for chalet hosts, chefs and drivers in catered chalets in the winter
- Chalet La Grande Ourse & Chalet La Petite Ourse share a bootroom and sauna. We intend to find a solution for how to share these spaces safely
- Sanitization procedures for minibuses in the winter
- We will continue to offer our meal deliveries which gives our guests the option to eat in the chalet without having to cook or rely on finding a table in a restaurant
- We will encourage guests to bring their own PPE equipment with them
In addition to our Covid-19 policy click here to see a few questions you might want answers to.