5 reasons to be positive about the snow conditions in Morzine Avoriaz
The British press has been full of tales of woe about the snow conditions in the Alps and to a certain extent it is well founded. However, there are some positives to be had, especially if you are coming skiing in Morzine Avoriaz in the next couple of weeks:
1. Whilst the snow at 1000m is almost non-existent, the pistes that are open above 1500m are actually ok.
The highest point in off-piste in Avoriaz today (Wed 17th December)
2. Avoriaz is 2400m and the snow in the Arare and Fornet areas today was really good
3. Not only are the piste conditions reasonable, but I actually got some nice off-piste powder skiing today. Fresh tracks and only a short hike from the piste.
4. The pistes of the Portes du Soleil are grassy slopes in the summer which means there are less rocks to cover and less snow required to make them skiable. Unlike Chamonix which is mostly closed due to the rocky nature of the Cham valley
5. It is due to snow down to 800m tomorrow (Wed 17th). That is 200m lower than Morzine which means the snow on the slopes will be light and fluffy.
6. It is really hard to have a bad time when you are out in the mountain air. It is just a bloody good place to be. Period.
So fear not Christmas guests, there is a good time to be had. Plus, if you really don’t want to be out on the mountain, you can always relax in the AliKats chalet with a glass of wine in the hot tub!
The Fun Guide: Where to Ski with Kids in Morzine
There are lots of factors involved in taking kids on a skiing holiday, but if you’ve ever done it before, you’ll know that when it comes to success on the slopes, it’s all about having fun! For mum and dad, that means keeping things simple and being well prepared. If…Continue reading...
Noël Guide 2022: Morzine has Christmas all wrapped up for families
All the information you need for a fairytale Christmas in Morzine The snow is already here and Santa is on his way, along with an amazing line up of entertainment, music and interactive activities for big and little kids alike! Once off slopes, find out where to sip vin chaud,…Continue reading...
Winter 2023: What’s new and not to miss in Morzine
The mountain tops have received their first dusting of snow across the Alps, and excitement is budding for an uninterrupted ski season with a buzzing resort and plenty of action up on the hill. Our forward thinking town just gets better and better, and we’re brimming with ideas of what…Continue reading...
Headaches, hurdles and hope: Climate action behind-the-scenes
Last year we made a commitment to develop a climate action plan and improve the transparency of our work in this area. A year in we share the details.Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine