5 reasons to be positive about the snow conditions in Morzine Avoriaz
The British press has been full of tales of woe about the snow conditions in the Alps and to a certain extent it is well founded. However, there are some positives to be had, especially if you are coming skiing in Morzine Avoriaz in the next couple of weeks:
1. Whilst the snow at 1000m is almost non-existent, the pistes that are open above 1500m are actually ok.
The highest point in off-piste in Avoriaz today (Wed 17th December)
2. Avoriaz is 2400m and the snow in the Arare and Fornet areas today was really good
3. Not only are the piste conditions reasonable, but I actually got some nice off-piste powder skiing today. Fresh tracks and only a short hike from the piste.
4. The pistes of the Portes du Soleil are grassy slopes in the summer which means there are less rocks to cover and less snow required to make them skiable. Unlike Chamonix which is mostly closed due to the rocky nature of the Cham valley
5. It is due to snow down to 800m tomorrow (Wed 17th). That is 200m lower than Morzine which means the snow on the slopes will be light and fluffy.
6. It is really hard to have a bad time when you are out in the mountain air. It is just a bloody good place to be. Period.
So fear not Christmas guests, there is a good time to be had. Plus, if you really don’t want to be out on the mountain, you can always relax in the AliKats chalet with a glass of wine in the hot tub!
Children’s ski wear was boring until now…
We love creating partnerships with like minded brands so when we came across Dinoski, a new children’s skiwear brand, it was a no-brainer. Their collection is aimed at children aged 2-7 and features all-in-one, animal themed skiwear, which are waterproof and warm, sprinkled with just the right amount of wild.…Continue reading...
Inspiring food blogs that will leave you hungry
Check out a few of Kat’s favourite blogs that inspire some of her creations. Wild mushrooms, parsnips, pumpkins, plums, apples and nuts: autumn brings an abundance of colourful produce to satisfy our revived appetites and cravings for heartier dishes. It’s the perfect time for me to start cooking and planning…Continue reading...
Easy plum and red onion chutney
As we’re very lucky to have lots of fruit trees on our doorstep, in late September every year I am faced with the delicious problem of what to do with an abundance of fruit. Chutney is always the winning answer! This recipe works for pretty much any type of red…Continue reading...
Favourite Food Winners: Source Awards for Excellence 2017
Food is central and important part of the AliKats story. We spend a lot of time thinking about it, writing about it, and a lot of time planning and preparing it – all to give our guests something a bit special. That’s why we’re exceptionally proud to announce that we’ve…Continue reading...
Chalet Holidays in Morzine